/ Tuesday, 08 November 2022 / Published in Uncategorized
Morning sickness is when a pregnant woman feels nauseous and throws up. About 75% of all pregnant women will get morning sickness. The name can be confusing because pregnant women can get sick and throw up at any time of the day. Women usually get morning sickness in the first 4 months of their pregnancy. This is because the body makes a lot more hormones at one time to when she gets pregnant.
There are some prescription medications that can help with morning sickness. What if you don’t want to take medicine? There are other things that you can try to feel better.
- Eat small meals more times during the day
- Stay away from foods that are spicy, fatty, or have a strong smell
- Open the windows when cooking
- Use citrus scents or dryer sheets to help cover up other strong smells
- Eat a small snack in bed and wait 30 minutes before getting up in the morning
- Try acupressure wristbands
- Eat a mint or hard candy when you feel nauseous
- Drink a ginger ale or Sprite to calm your stomach
Talk to your doctor if you still feel sick and want a prescription for a medicine that will help.